The Outpatient Mental Health Clinic is specially designed to meet the emotional and psychological needs of adults (18 and older) with mental health concerns or issues.
All services are confidential
In a confidential, supportive environment, we strive to make you as comfortable as possible and ensure you receive quality care.
The treatment of mental health is taken seriously by UHS. You can count on us for the understanding, compassionate and up-to-date clinical knowledge that will help give you the tools you need to cope successfully with your mental health issues.
Our dedicated team of professionals provide a caring, supportive environment that will help you achieve optimal well being.
Services we offer
The following services are provided by the Outpatient Mental Health Clinic:
- Concise mental health screening
- Complete mental health assessment
- Psychiatric mental health assessment
- Medication management for psychiatric disorders
- Group therapy -- life skills groups, behavior therapy groups, anxiety & depression groups, anger management groups (both women's and men's)
- Individual psychotherapy
- HIV Mental Health Program -- offering education, support, individual therapy and group therapy in conjunction with UHS Binghamton Family Care Center services
- Access to latest information and education
UHS strives to meet the needs of the community. More groups may be offered as needs progress and change.
We also provide referrals to other community-based services that can be of help to you.
Your mental health team
When you come to us for care and support, your mental health team may include any of the following:
- A master's-prepared social worker who can assist you with your overall mental health and support needs
- A registered nurse offering education and administration of medication
What you can expect
Your first appointment will be scheduled with a social worker and will take about an hour and a half. During this appointment, a mental health assessment will be completed.
Please bring with you
Your current medications (with dose and frequency)
The names of your physicians and other care providers
Your health insurance card(s)
If you don't have insurance, please let us know at the time of your appointment. We will then be able to refer you to a staff member who can help you apply for insurance or make special payment arrangements.
To learn more call:
Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm
The Outpatient Mental Health Clinic is conveniently located on the South Side of Binghamton in the Summit Building, Lower Level, Suite G80, 33 Mitchell Avenue, directly across the street from UHS Binghamton General Hospital.