Join the Auxiliary
Why not serve UHS and your community by joining the auxiliary at UHS Binghamton General Hospital, UHS Wilson Medical Center, UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital or UHS Delaware Valley Hospital?
These volunteer organizations help maintain the UHS reputation for high-quality, comprehensive patient care by providing funding for equipment and programs, as well as willing hands for patient services.
Learn more about our auxiliaries by calling the Volunteer Services Office at the hospital of your choice:
- UHS Wilson Medical Center: 607-763-6131
- UHS Binghamton General Hospital: 607-763-2318
- UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital: 607-337-4151
- UHS Delaware Valley Hospital: 607-865-2414
View More Info
UHS Binghamton General Hospital Auxiliary
What is the UHS Binghamton General Hospital Auxiliary?
The Auxiliary is a dedicated group of Active, Associate, a branch known as Twigs members who devote time and energy to support the workings of General Hospital through financial support and volunteer in-hospital deeds.
What is the UHS Binghamton General Hospital Mission?
The purpose/mission of UHS Binghamton General Auxiliary is threefold:
- The promotion of better health care through volunteer services within the hospital and the community.
- Fundraising in a manner satisfactory to the Auxiliary and in compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Advocate for, and support BGH, a member of UHSH, and its ideals and goals to the community.
What would I do as an Auxiliary volunteer?
- Gift Shop (linked)
- Vendor Sales
- Surgical Waiting Area
- Craft Projects for Holiday Bazaar
Other Areas of Auxiliary Volunteering
- Serve on Committees
- Outreach Hospital Events
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- Gain personal satisfaction from helping others
- Learn about the health system
- Meet new people
- Give back to community
- Flexible scheduling
- Free flu and tetanus shot
- Discounted meal on day you volunteer
- Receive recognition for hours served at annual recognition event
- Receive 10% discount in Gift Shop
- Invitations to special hospital events
- Annual meeting luncheon
- Recognition of Teenage Volunteers (TAV)
- Service hours
- Health related scholarship (Florence B. Heath)
- Health related scholarship for employee family member
What are benefits to Binghamton General Hospital?
- Auxiliary donated approximately $40,982 to BGH for 2016
- Auxiliary members donated 15,393 hours of service in 2016
- Employee appreciation
- Employee relative scholarship
- Auxiliary run Gift Shop
- Auxiliary teams with employees for special events
- Holiday decorations
How much time is involved?
- Individual preference
- Flexible scheduling
- As little or as much as you want to contribute
Are there meetings to attend?
- Annual meeting held in May and all members are invited to attend. Entertaining program follows the luncheon. Yearly election of officers and auxiliary budget are voted on at this time.
- Active members are invited to attend the September luncheon/meeting to prepare for events to be held September through May.
- Board members will attend Board Meetings held every 3rd Thursday of the month at 10:00 a.m. No meeting is held in July, August and December.