Medicaid Health Home
What Is the UHS Medicaid Health Home?
The UHS Medicaid Health Home is a group of health and community agencies that work together to keep you healthier and safer in the community. We want to help you access the health care you need. If you are eligible, you will get a “Care Coordinator” who will provide you with free services and information related to your health.
What Do Health Home Care Coordinators Do?
If you have Medicaid and are eligible, the UHS Health Home Care Coordinators help you get what you need to be healthy. They may help you schedule doctors appointments, make calls for specialty care, and help you determine when to come into the office. They coordinate efforts between other human service organizations to help you get to your appointments and get the things that you need to stay healthy.
How Can I Start Working With A Medicaid Health Home Care Coordinator?
If you meet the minimum requirements, you or your family can make an appointment to meet with a Care Coordinator to discuss your needs. The Care Coordinator will help determine if you are eligible for this program and will work with you to develop a care plan to meet your individual needs.
Is a Health Home right for you?
If you are a Medicaid recipient or believe you may qualify for Medicaid, think about the following questions:
- Do you have chronic or mental health conditions for which you need regular doctors care?
- Do you have a doctor you can see when you need to?
- How many times have you been in the emergency room or hospital in the past six months? Twelve months?
- Do you have a safe place to live?
- Do you have someone in your life to help you whenever you need help?
- Do you have difficulty keeping medical appointments?
For answers to your questions or to schedule an appointment with a Care Coordinator, please call the UHS Medicaid Health Home at (607) 762-2862. Calls may also be directed to the New York State Medicaid Information Help Line at (800) 541-2831.