Our Infusion Services program offers state-of-the-art technology administered by caring, qualified professionals. UHS Home Care’s advanced equipment enables patients to self-infuse so they can also remain independent while receiving therapy.
Our infusion services program includes:
- Peripherally inserted central catheters(PICCs) placement and maintenance
- I.V. antibiotics to treat conditions such as pneumonia, osteomyelitis, cellulitis and other infections; the most common antibiotics prescribed are vancomycin, rocephin, clindamycin, and Meropenem
- Hyperalimentation (TPN) for patients with GI tract disorders or malnutrition
- Hydration therapy/Fluid replacement
- Growth hormone therapy for treatment of pituitary disorders
- Phototherapy for the treatment of elevated infant bilirubin
- Infusion services for Alpha -1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Syndrome
- In-home teaching provided for self-independence of IV medication administration with on-going skilled nursing support
- Ongoing clinical nursing support for enteral nutrition therapy for tube feedings
- Services are available in Broome and surrounding counties.