Back to Document
UHS's Respiratory Services program, staffed by respiratory nurses and respiratory therapists, includes the following products and services:
- Oxygen for home and community use, which includes concentrators, portable concentrator, tanks, and home transfilling systems.
- Nebulizers for asthma treatments
- Ace spacers/aerochambers for asthma treatments
- Peak flow meters for asthma management
- CPAP/BIPAP for treatment of sleep apnea
- PAP/BiPAP for treatment of sleep apnea
- Monitors for babies with sleep apnea
- Oximeters available to determine oxygen-saturation levels
- Compressors and supplies required by tracheostomy patients
- Flutter valves to aid in the removal of secretions from the lungs
- Individual patient and community respiratory health education
- Working with your physician, home oxygen is prescribed for multiple diagnoses such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), emphysema, and many other pulmonary related conditions.